Windows Security (formerly Defender) is the antivirus app that comes with Windows 11. The app’s real-time scanning protects PCs from viruses and other forms of malware. So it is an important windows application if you have not installed any other third party antivirus utility.
Users will need to open Windows Security to manually launch custom or quick scans, configure antivirus settings, and configure file and folder exclusions, among other things. You can also adjust some firewall options from this application. Here are 11 alternative ways to open Windows Security in Windows 11.
1. How to Open Windows Security from System Tray
This first method is probably one of the fastest ways to open Windows Security. Simply click on the Windows security icon (shield) which is located in the system tray on the far right of your taskbar. If the Windows Security Notification taskbar corner setting is disabled, you will need to click a Show hidden icons up arrow to display the overflow menu.
Finding most apps in Windows 11 is easy with the Type here to search box. Entering a clear keyword to find the antivirus app will do. Here’s how to view Windows Security with this search box:
- Open the Start menu to click inside the Type here to search there box.
- To input Windows Security in your search box.
- Then select Windows Security to view this application House tongue.
You can also open different Windows Security tabs by entering keyword variations. For example, you can choose to open the Protection against viruses and threats tab by typing virus in the search field. So, try changing your search keyword to find and open a more specific keyword. Windows Security tongue.
3. How to Open Windows Security with Run
The Run dialog offers another quick way to view Windows Security. To open Windows Security with this application, you will need to enter a specific Run command there as follows:
- Start execution by holding down the key the Windows button and pressing R.
- Type Windows Defender: in the Open box.
- Click on OKAY to open windows security House tongue.
4. How to Open Windows Security from Windows Terminal
Command Prompt and PowerShell are two command line shells that you can use in the Windows Terminal app. You can open Windows Security with either. Here’s how to bring up Windows Security from Windows Security.
- Hurry Win + X and select Windows terminal (administrator) in the menu that appears.
- Click it Open a new tab option at the top of the Windows Terminal.
- Select the Command Prompt Where WindowsPowerShell command line shell option you prefer.
- Enter this Windows security command in the selected command line tab:
- press the Walk in button to execute.
5. How to Open Windows Security through Settings
The Settings app provides a slightly less direct way to open Windows Security. Nevertheless, you can still open Windows Security from there whenever you have enabled the settings. Here are the steps to open Windows Security from Settings:
- Open Settings in the quickest way by tapping To win + I.
- Click on Privacy and Security in the settings navigation sidebar.
- Select Windows Security to display the options for opening this application.
- press the Open Windows Security button.
- You can also open a more specific Windows Security tab by selecting it under the “Protection Zones” heading.
Windows Security is also accessible from the Start menu. However, it is not pinned to the front of the menu. You can open it from the Start menu applications index as follows:
- Click on Begin to display the main menu of Windows 11.
- Select All Apps to display the list of shortcuts.
- Scroll down to Windows Security and select this app to open it.
You can also pin Windows Security to the Start menu. Right-click Windows Security in the Start menu application index to select a Pin to start option for this. Then you’ll be able to click on a pinned shortcut for that app on the front of the menu.
7. How to Open Windows Security with Cortana
Cortana is a useful virtual assistant app with which you can start Windows 11 apps and tools. This virtual assistant allows users to open Windows security with text and voice commands. Here’s how you can open Windows Security with Cortana:
- Click the Cortana circle icon in the taskbar.
- Type open windows security in the Ask Cortana text box.
- Hurry Walk in to display Windows Security.
- To open the antivirus application with a voice command, click on the Talk to Cortana button. Then say “open Windows Security” near your PC’s microphone.
8. How to Open Windows Security via Task Manager
The task manager includes a Create a new task feature with which you can start applications. You can open Windows Security with this feature whenever you use Task Manager as follows:
- Right click Begin (or taskbar) and select Task Manager.
- Click on Case then the Run a new task option.
- Enter the Windows Defender: command in the Create New Task window.
- Select OKAY to launch the antivirus utility.
9. How to open Windows Security from File Explorer
You can open built-in applications by entering the corresponding run commands in the File Explorer folder location bar. To open Windows Security with Explorer, follow these quick steps:
- Click the Folder Library icon on the taskbar to open Windows 11 File Manager Explorer.
- Type Windows Defender: in the explorer folder path bar.
- press the Come back button to display Windows Security.
10. How to Open Windows Security with Desktop Shortcut
You can make Windows Security accessible from the Windows 11 desktop by adding a shortcut to it. Then you can open the antivirus application with this desktop shortcut whenever needed. Here’s how to add Windows security to the desktop with the Create Shortcut tool:
- Right-click on a wallpaper area to select the New and Shortcut context menu options.
- To input %windir%explorer.exe windows defender: in the Create Shortcut tool location box, then select Next.
- Delete the default shortcut name and type Windows Security in the text box.
- Click it Finish option to add the desktop shortcut.
- Double-click the Windows Security shortcut to open the antivirus application.
This shortcut will open Windows Security House tongue. You can also configure desktop shortcuts that open different Windows Security tabs. To do this, you’ll need to enter these alternate locations into the Create Shortcut tool:
- Account Protection: %windir%explorer.exe windowsdefender://account
- Protection against viruses and threats: %windir%explorer.exe windowsdefender://threat
- Browser control: %windir%explorer.exe windowsdefender://appbrowser
- Firewall and network: %windir%explorer.exe windowsdefender://network
11. How to Open Windows Security with Hotkey
Do you prefer keyboard shortcuts to desktop shortcuts? If so, you can set up a handy keyboard shortcut to open Windows Security in about a few minutes. Follow these quick steps to set up a Windows security hotkey:
- Add a Windows desktop security shortcut as shown in Method 10.
- Right-click the Windows Security shortcut icon to select its Properties option.
- Then, click anywhere in the Shortcut Key box.
- Hurry O to establish a Ctrl+Alt+W key combination to open Windows Security.
- Select Apply to set the new Windows security hotkey.
- Click on OKAY to exit the desktop shortcut properties window.
press the Ctrl+Alt+W keys at the same time to open Windows Security. This shortcut will work as long as you don’t delete the desktop shortcut it’s based on.
What’s your favorite way to open Windows Security?
So, you can open Windows Security from Settings, File Explorer, System Tray, Task Manager, Runtime, Windows Terminal, Cortana, Start Menu, and Windows Security. the search tool. Or you can immediately open this antivirus app with desktop or keyboard shortcuts instead. Open Windows Security the way you prefer.