There are only two weeks left until the start of the fall semester on August 22, 2022. Here are some things you can do in the coming days to expedite your return to campus, minimize delays, and prepare for a strong start. college year.
- Order your books.
Use the Campus Bookstore website to pre-order textbooks using your specific class schedule or by individual class.
- If you need a new NCard, apply now.
Use the simple online form to enter your information and upload your headshot. You will receive an email when your new card is ready for collection.
- Obtain a parking permit./> UNL Parking & Transit Services offers a handy online student parking permit buying guide that explains the different permit options and costs. It also guides you through the steps of ordering online. If you need help, call 402-472-1800.
- Set yourself on the path to success with academic coaching.
Supporters from the Center for Academic Success and Transition (CAST) accompany undergraduate students by helping them to reinforce their academic achievements. Coaches build supportive relationships with you to identify areas for improvement, learn study and life skills, and create action plans. Schedule your individual appointment.
- Contact your roommate(s) to finalize the list of items to share in your room or household.
Determine which of you will bring each item so you don’t overpack or forget an item. Being prepared now avoids having to do emergency shopping after moving in and/or having duplicate items in your room.
- Visit HuskerTech to make sure you’re up to date on your computer software and hardware.
Check out their handy online list of laptop, software, and tablet requirements for select majors and colleges to make sure you know what you might need to start the semester. Software can only be ordered online, but you can purchase other items in person from the campus computer store located on the lower level of the Union of Nebraska.
- Sign up for mail forwarding at your local post office or online.
This is a quick task to check the list before moving to campus or elsewhere in Lincoln. It only takes a few minutes and avoids delays in the arrival of important letters and invoices. Here is a step-by-step online guide that will make it easier for you.
- Install the NEBRASKA app on your mobile device.
In this UNL-specific app, you have lots of essential campus information at your fingertips, including maps, your class schedule, notifications and alerts, and the full schedule of Big Red Welcome events.
- Sign up for an off-campus meal plan.
Students who don’t live in a residence hall can still purchase a meal plan for campus dining centers, ensuring you have a reliable source of fresh, ready-to-eat meals. Compare plans and select the one that best suits your needs. Plus, you can add convenient dining dollars to use when ordering food in the Transact Mobile Dining app.
- Transfer your prescriptions to the University Health Center pharmacy.
Save time and hassle filling your prescriptions on campus. UHC offers mobile app top-ups, 60- and 90-day supplies, and free mail-order options. To transfer a prescription, call 402-472-7457 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday) and the pharmacy team will prep you. It helps to have the prescription bottle with you when you call, as the pharmacy team will ask you questions about the information on the label.
University Health Center